If you are like 99% of the companies out there, you probably have at least some mobile workers. How do you ensure that they have the right tools to connect from the road or their home office? They need to have an efficient way to hop on a conference call or online meeting with screen sharing from wherever they are.
The nice thing is that you can do that with Microsoft Lync. With Lync you can collaborate from anywhere just like you are in the office conference room. Through Lync, you can quickly see who is at their desk, online, away or offline and connect via instant message, audio or video conference. You can share desktops and programs and go over a project or a proposal in no time.
Whether team members are in the next room or on the road, the powerful combination of presence awareness and IM can help improve productivity, drive business efficiencies and build a more agile organization.
On top of the powerful conferencing tools, your mobile workers can also click-to-call users on other PCs and Macs or traditional phones directly from the Lync client. This is possible because NextUC provides a fully voice-enabled Lync, so you can essentially replace your entire PBX and phone system. NextUC also integrates with Office365 so that you can make phone calls easily from your chat window.
How will your organization benefit from all of this? You will:
- Save cost by replacing your private branch exchange (PBX) – you no longer need one, because you are making calls from Lync.
- Achieve direct savings from web and teleconferencing – you get unlimited minutes for outbound and inbound calls.
- Reduce IT and telephony labor cost – you no longer need a staff to manage your phone network.
- Increase user productivity – users now see everybody’s presence and can save time playing phone or email tag.
- Save on hardware, software and licensing - you don’t need to buy any of it. It is all available to you on a subscription basis.
- Save on travel - you can deliver your presentations via online meetings and travel less.
So why wait? Right now you can get a Free trial of hosted Microsoft Lync delivered from the cloud by NextUC. The trial has been extended through February 2012 so don’t hesitate and sign up now!
Written by Bob Barnes